A good friend just bought her first home and was telling me about the rooms in her new house that are outdated and need work. I starting digging through photos of both of our houses... I hope you enjoy these pictures as you watch the transformations of our first house and our current home. I'm affectionately calling this photo series 'Diamond In The Rough'.
The Living Room was in pretty good shape when we bought our home. We had to remove some wood paneling around the fireplace and fix the plaster, but other than that, it was pretty much just primer and paint. The hardwood floors are in good shape so we decided to keep them. I used a hardwood cleaner on them, which really shined them up and made them look great.

The Living Room (Before):
After the paneling was removed on the wall:
Plaster has been patched/repaired:
Priming & painting:
Paint color is Sherwin-Williams Townhall Tan:







This is how our living room looked after we moved in. It was about 6 months before we could afford an area rug to fit the space, and we just got artwork for our walls only a few months ago!
The stone around our fireplace was painted beige when we bought the house. But, after faux finishing the countertops in the kitchen, T was pretty confident that he could faux finish the stone around the fireplace to make it look like real stone:
The End Result (photos taken today, 7/21):
No comments:
Post a Comment