Praise the LORD! For it is good to sing praises to our God; For it is pleasant, and praise is beautiful. 
Psalm 147:1

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Congratulations K on your first home!!

A good friend and her husband just bought their first home... Ahh, the memories of buying our first house!! The stress. The anxiety. The overwhelming excitement. The tears and frustration. The laughter and joy. 

Although it didn't get any easier with the purchase of our second home, it does get more predictable and we were able to see past simple cosmetics updates much easier. Of course, this house is a work in process but it's coming along nicely (like they all eventually do) and we've really settled quite comfortably into life here in Our Home.

So, hang in there "K"... I promise you that it does get easier. Try to enjoy the process of making it your "own", even though it can be overwhelming and frustrating (and expensive)! It will start to feel like a home soon... Your Home! 

Your very own home where you will raise your girls and where your family will create life-long memories. 

As "K" was telling me about the rooms in her new house that are outdated and need work, I starting digging through photos of both of our houses... I hope you enjoy these pictures as you watch the transformations of our first house and our current home. I'm affectionately calling this photo series 'Diamond In The Rough'. 


No comments:

Post a Comment