Praise the LORD! For it is good to sing praises to our God; For it is pleasant, and praise is beautiful. 
Psalm 147:1

Monday, July 11, 2011

Allegheny National Forest: Kinzua Dam & Allegheny Reservoir

Over Memorial Day weekend, we went camping for 4 nights. I also celebrated my *cough, cough* thirty-second birthday. When I say camping, I should actually specify that we stayed in a cabin at a KOA campground in the Allegheny National Forest in Pennsylvania, near Kinzua Dam & the Allegheny Reservoir. 

We had a really nice time! It was our first stay in the Allegheny National Forest and we were pleasantly surprised. There is a lot of great hiking, and the scenery is beautiful... *almost* as beautiful as the Adirondack Mountains. Our cells phones didn't work (but I prefer it that way when I'm in the mountains on vacation) - we were truly able to disconnect from the world, relax and felt refreshed when we came home. A perfect way to spend my birthday!


Allegheny Reservoir


Kinzua Dam




No comments:

Post a Comment