Praise the LORD! For it is good to sing praises to our God; For it is pleasant, and praise is beautiful. 
Psalm 147:1

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Diamond In The Rough: The Bedrooms

A good friend just bought her first home and was telling me about the rooms in her new house that are outdated and need work. I starting digging through photos of both of our houses... I hope you enjoy these pictures as you watch the transformations of our first house and our current home. I'm affectionately calling this photo series 'Diamond In The Rough'. 



Notice the flooring in all of these bedrooms and the hallway. Linoleum flooring in the hallway and two bedrooms! The green bedroom had a piece of remnant carpeting  on top of the linoleum. I's room had old orange carpeting, and the upstairs bedroom was just brown linoleum floor. 

How weird is that to use linoleum in bedrooms?! The previous owner told us it was because he didn't like to vacuum! Ha! 

We painted all of these rooms and had new berber carpeting installed in the 2 downstairs bedrooms, hallway, and on the two staircases, one that leads upstairs and one that leads downstairs to our basement (I know it seems really weird to carpet basement stairs, but eventually we want to finish our basement so it won't seem so weird then... plus our basement is our main entry because our home is built into a hillside, which means our garage leads right into our  basement). 


The Hallway Transformation:







Master Bedroom Transformation:



Paint Color: Sherwin-Williams Townhall Tan 


We still don't have baseboard moulding in our room... in time. 



I's Room Transformation:




Upstairs Bedroom Transformation:


We had a frazee carpeting installed in the bedroom upstairs. Paint color is Behr Herb Garden (mixed by Sherwin-Williams): 



No comments:

Post a Comment