Praise the LORD! For it is good to sing praises to our God; For it is pleasant, and praise is beautiful. 
Psalm 147:1

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Our Homeschool Area


Pictures of our home school area, because some of you have asked to see...



Our Morning Board includes weather of the day, letter of the week, a calendar, the day of week, the date (number) in the month, and the name of the season. There will also be corresponding photo to go along with the season, and daily chore cards:
 

Chalkboard and storage for puzzles, blocks. The three drawer bin contains some craft supplies, drawing paper, construction paper, stickers, stamps, colored pencils, chalk, foam sheets, child scissors, glue sticks, etc. "I" is allowed to go into this bin whenever he wants to get supplies for coloring, pasting, stickers, stamping, etc:


Small table & chairs and homeschool area: 


Curriculum books:

This is the bookshelf in I's room - it has every story book that we will use in our curriculum (and more)! We encourage him to choose books on his own whenever he would like, to look at or be read to:


I still have some finishing touches in our Homeschool Area to do like hang up our Morning Board on the wall, add hooks for paint smocks, etc. 

Our home school area is what should-be the [large] coat closet in our living room. We hardly ever used it as a coat closet, and ever since we have moved in it has been storage for most of our craft supplies... so it was the perfect option for a homeschool area! "T" took the doors off for me and I am using the area to store craft/art supplies, curriculum books, blocks, puzzles, etc. Our Morning Board will be here, and I also hung up a piece of peel & stick chalkboard wall decal. There are chairs & a small table in our living room right near this area.



No comments:

Post a Comment