Praise the LORD! For it is good to sing praises to our God; For it is pleasant, and praise is beautiful. 
Psalm 147:1

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Happy Birthday Mom!

I had a surprise birthday celebration for my mom over the weekend; she turns a certain age next week: ehem, *cough* sixty.

My mom thought she was coming over our house for a picnic with just her side of the family; she had no idea that I had also invited her childhood best friend or that there would be birthday decorations, a cake and gifts. She was surprised and smiling ear-to-ear that day, so I would say that it was a success!!

Happy Birthday, Mom! I love you.





"I" talks to his [great] Uncle "S":
 

My grandfather telling a story: 


My grandmother smiling at "I":


My mom and her best friend "R" (best friends for life - they grew up across the street from each other): 


They're always laughing when they're together: 



Being silly with my mom: 



Cake time! 6 candles: one for each 10 years of her life: 






 

No comments:

Post a Comment