We have gotten quite a bit of snow today! Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining... I absolutely L-O-V-E the snow and all things winter! T, on the other hand, is not as keen on the snow as I am.
This evening, our car got stuck in the driveway as T pulled in when he got home from work. We tried pushing it, to no avail, and ultimately he had to shovel around it in order to move it. Normally, our driveway would be plowed by the time T gets home from work, but our plow guy was running an hour late today because he was so backed up from all of the snowfall this afternoon!
It's still snowing here as I write this, and I just heard Kevin O'Connel say our area in Western New York will get 12 to 20 more inches by tomorrow morning! I have a feeling that means a snow day for our parent-toddler program at Aurora Waldorf School tomorrow... bummer!
We played outside in the snow earlier today. At first, "I" did not like it and cried a little. But, after a few minutes he was laughing and smiling. We were outside for about 45 minutes and had a good time tromping around - looking at all of the snow covered trees, finding the red berries on bushes peaking through the snow, checking out animal tracks, watching Yukon jump around & play in the snow (our dog loves the snow just as much as I do!!), listening to the crunch of snow under our boots, and simply enjoying the stillness. We were very thankful for our warm fire to curl up next to when we came inside.



We already have almost two feet of snow - a few hours ago, Yukon & I took a nighttime hike around our property and the snow was up to my knees. Time to pull out the cross-country skis & snowshoes!!

No comments:
Post a Comment