On Saturday, we went to Ellicottville for the day for their Christmas Stroll. We went to the Ellicottville Christmas Stroll a couple of years before I had "I". Last year went took our munchkin man and had a really nice time! This is fast becoming an annual Christmas tradition for our family!
There are activities for kids including crafts, cookies and cocoa at Mrs. Claus Kitchen, visits with Santa, wagon rides, and caroling. The highlight of the event is the "Stroll" portion - shepherds lead a camel, donkey, and sheep along the sidewalks of Ellicottville for two hours before they proceed to the village gazebo for a Living Nativity. The town's Christmas lights are turned on after The Nativity performance. Surprisingly, the event doesn't draw that much of a crowd. Parking is abundant, the shop's are not terribly busy, and there is a feeling of small town Christmas charm in the air!
We met up with a friend and her family in Ellicottville for a couple of hours. "C" and I have been friends since Kindergarten. We also know her hubby "D" from high school. They have a son the same age as "I", a daughter a year older than "I", and a 6-year old daughter. It's really nice whenever we spend time with C and her family!!
No comments:
Post a Comment