Praise the LORD! For it is good to sing praises to our God; For it is pleasant, and praise is beautiful. 
Psalm 147:1

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Choo Choo!

We are all about trains in our house lately. Yep, it's safe to say that we're big train fans here! Especially Thomas the Tank!

So, last week I decided to attempt a train craft with "I", or as he calls it: a Choo Choo. Despite  being a spur of the moment idea, it turned out pretty well. 

First, I traced his hand print onto blue construction paper, with his fingers closed and flush with his palm. This was our train engine. Then I cut two identical rectangles of construction paper in the same color as the hand print, approximately the same height as the hand print - those were the cars of the train.  

Then I cut out 7 small circles to make wheels for the train: 3 for the engine and 2 for each car. 

"I" arranged and glued the train engine and car cutouts in a row on green construction paper.

Finishing touch: We added colors with crayons (I made a track for his train), glued on puffs of smoke with cotton ball pieces, and made windows and a smoke stack with pieces of construction paper to decorate the train. Taa Daa!


No comments:

Post a Comment