Praise the LORD! For it is good to sing praises to our God; For it is pleasant, and praise is beautiful. 
Psalm 147:1

Monday, August 9, 2010

Always & Forever


Seven years ago on August 9th, we were eating breakfast at the fantastic open-air restaurant at our resort in Hawaii. I remember they had the best omelets we'd ever eaten! We sat by the pool for most of the remainder of the day, before getting dressed for our wedding ceremony. That evening at sunset we stood on the beach with break taking views of Hanalei Bay and Bali Hai mountain. As we vowed our lives to each other, a soft rain began to fall and God's rainbow appeared over us. 
I didn't think it was possible to love my husband more than I did on our wedding day seven years ago, but I do. My love for him grows each and every day. He is an amazing man; a wonderful husband & father. I am truly blessed to have him and thank God each & every day for creating us for each other. God didn't promise us that it would always be easy, but I do believe that He promised us each other. 
I must not forget to mention the phone call I received from Terry before our ceremony. He had gotten dressed & gone to the lobby to meet his parents, his brother, and my parents. I stayed in our room waiting for the photographer. My dad, joking around with my mom in the lobby, almost fell into the koi pond! Good thing he didn't actually fall in!
The beginning of October will mark our 16-year "anniversary" - the day that we first officially became a couple. We were both naive teenagers, and were giddy in love when we became boyfriend & girlfriend on October 3, 1994. Little did we know then that God had created us for each other. And 16-years later, Terry still makes me laugh like he did when I was a 15-year old girl, he still gives me butterflies, and can make me giddy.
Always & Forever. 

1996:

1997:

2000:


2006:

2008:
2009:

2010:


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations you guys! Hawaii was awesome; I can't wait to go back!!! I WILL return some day.

    And your Dad should have fallen in that pond! It would have been hilarious!

    ReplyDelete