I also wanted to share something that I was going through last week, and how God is using me!
First of all, we have been actively seeking out a church close to our home. We visited a church two Sunday's ago, Calvary Chapel, but felt the worship service wasn't exactly what we are looking for. However, we absolutely loved every moment of the sermon and the "format" of the service. After church that day, I felt alive and eager to attend church! We are still in the pursuit of the "perfect church", but are fueled to find one! There are a few other churches we plan on visiting in the upcoming weeks, but we felt fueled and alive after the sermon at Calvary Chapel. Maybe God wants us there? We need to listen closely to His quiet whisper.
But... for the majority of last week, I had been feeling sad and discouraged. Of course, Satan always attacks us when we hunger for God!! So, there I was last week feeling discouraged about trying to get pregnant (that's another topic itself, which I will write more about later) and I was also discouraged with the mom's group I am involved with. I was not discouraged with any the moms in the group, but discouraged for my own personal reasons: I had been feeling a bit lonely & "detached" from some of the women who I've so wonderfully connected with in the group. I know now that most of those feelings were stemming from a few different things, like the distance I live from those people, our conflicting schedules, etc. I was feeling sorry for myself and kept thinking "Why am I putting so much effort into this group?"
So, I reached out to a couple of the moms in the group for prayer on Thursday afternoon, and I was also doing a lot of praying and burying myself in God's Word that day.
God's peace swept over me later that afternoon and I realized that the "troubles" I have been experiencing those past few days were actually an affirmation of God's reason & plan for the group!! Every mom in that group needs it so we have each other (like when I reached out to a couple of those moms that day).
God showed me this verse that day: We who are strong must be considerate of those who are sensitive about things like this. We must not just please ourselves. We should help others do what is right and build them up in the Lord. For even Christ didn’t live to please himself. Romans 15:1-3
God made it very clear to me that the mom's group is so much bigger than me and my wants. It's His group and serves all of the moms in a different way. When God led me to start the group a year ago, I knew those things... my, how easily we forget that it is He who is in charge, not us!
I also stumbled upon 1 Peter 6-7: Be truly glad. There is wonderful joy ahead, even though you have to endure trials for a little while. These trials will show your faith is genuine. It's being tested as fire tests & purifies gold, though your faith is far more precious than mere gold. When your faith remains strong through many trials, it will bring you much praise & glory & honor on the day when Christ is revealed to the whole world.
Both of these verses were like a wake up call from God saying to me: "Mindy, your faith is pure but be patient on these things (the group & becoming pregnant). Don't be discouraged. Know that I am in control."
When we are called to serve God in some capacity, it's not always going to go how we think it should or want it to, but as long as we let God be in charge, it will be exactly what He wants it to be!!
So, here I am now... deeply humbled and indescribably thankful that God has given me the opportunity to serve Him through Christian Moms of Western New York. It is an awesome gift, and I am completely amazed and honored that He has chosen me to serve Him!
No comments:
Post a Comment